Blog2019-02-10T09:52:31-04:00

Collecting WINS Blog

Servant Leaders: Better at Leading Buyers to Change

Servant leadership was first coined by Robert Greenleaf in 1970 as a response to the autocratic, ineffective ways corporations interacted with and set expectations for employees. It was a call to leaders to think of their jobs and how they treated people from a different perspective. It was groundbreaking in business culture and remains one of the higher levels of operational thinking and identification of self for leaders within organizations. When I was first [...]

By |February 28th, 2019|Tags: , , , , |

The Crisis of Trust Impacting Modern Sales Forces

My Calendar > Today, as few as 3% of salespeople who drive new business are trusted by buyers.  And, the words most often used to describe the other 97%, include: manipulative, self-centered, arrogant, pushy, annoying and worst of all ... untrustworthy. How is it possible friends and neighbors who we enjoy spending time with on the weekends, turn into manipulative, self-centered salespeople when they leave for work Monday morning? The answer [...]

By |February 26th, 2019|Tags: , , |

The Secret to Taking Control of Growth

CEOs and sales leaders, what one change can you make right now to have the greatest impact on your sales force?    Every sales organization has room for improvement, but what options do you really have? Where can you invest your time and attention to deliver the meaningful shift you’re looking for?   We’ve asked 1,000 salespeople what changes they think would have the greatest impact on their performance and recorded their Top 40 [...]

By |February 21st, 2019|Tags: , , |

Value Is In The Heart & Mind Of The Buyer

I’m going to speak to salespeople as a buyer today. I’m going to plead with you for a moment. It’s a conversation that needs to be had. As your buyer, I have to warn you - you may not like what you hear. Truth be told, I'm not trying to preach. I'm just trying to be straight with my point of view. As your buyer, please, understand VALUE IS MINE. You can write a [...]

By |February 10th, 2019|Tags: , , |

Why Hiring Salespeople is a Unique Challenge for Your Company

According to HBR, annual sales turnover is at an all-time high of 27% – twice the turnover rate of the entire American labor force. Other estimates place sales turnover in the 30%-40% range.    Regardless of the figure itself, the fact remains that most companies experience higher rates of success when filling non-sales positions than sales positions. Why is this? First, salespeople are different, and the jobs they do require them to recognize and [...]

By |January 19th, 2019|Tags: , , |

Do You Sell the Way People Buy?

Most sales and marketing leaders spend countless hours designing new ways to direct buyers down the perfect sales process. They invent shared terminology to communicate this path internally, plot metrics around it and work hard to shepherd buyers to a decision that is in their favor. I know this exercise very well.  This is what I did for the first half of my sales career and what ultimately led me to the new, modern [...]

By |December 15th, 2018|Tags: , , |